Tuesday, November 21, 2006

is the joy that he will carry to the door




Hey! So... the first night that i was in Quebec, we went to this chic bar to see a Portishead cover band. They were pretty cool, and on the train ride home i decided to try to do some drawings of the band. I originally intended to make this a 3 part painting: one of the singer, one of the guitarist and one of the keyboard player. Then when the 3 paintings were done i could put them together and... i dunno... maybe it'd be cool or something. But so far im only happy with the Singer... so i might just leave it at that. Or if i get time to do the others... i might... i dont know. I know this doesnt have anything to do with my film... but today was kinda stressful. So when i got home... i really just wanted to do something for fun.

The anatomy is botched to hell... and i dont remember if she was actually wearing hooker boots... i dont think she was... but oh well. Its just for fun.

Since variety is the spice of life, this painting comes in two styles! One has a BG thats intended to imitate the misty atmosphere of the bar. The other has a BG that is simply a solid colour (perhaps to be a bit more graphical... i dunno)

Anyway, im off to procrastinate more on my Literature essay!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock ON!!!
Marie will be pleased to see that I'm sure! I'll show her as soon as I can! and... She was wearing some "vintage style" black and white sneaker boots w/ flat heels.. For those who might want to know!!! :P!
You're the best T.T.!
P.T.!! xxx

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. Hope the rest of the week is productive. Mom

6:09 AM  
Blogger D said...

Awwe....I would sell my soul to see Portishead reunited and playing live again....too bad I already sold my sold my soul for another reunited band

:-/

D.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is pretty well!

http://skocz.pl/dimg
car insurance online quote australia

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home